MLTrain @UAI 2018
Learn how to model real problems with probabilistic programming
This year at UAI we are hosting a full day of hands on training on Probabilistic Programming during the first day of the tutorials (August 6th). Learn how to model uncertainty with the next generation of machine learning tools. In this MLTrain we will cover use cases of Probabilistic programming languages like Pyro, Probabilistic Soft Logic and Venture. You will learn:
- The theory behind these language (Inference model, algorithms)
- How to use knowledge graphs like freebase in your models
- How to incorporate user domain knowledge in your models
- How to solve relational problems like entity resolution.
- How to build generative models
- How to solve problems with small amount of data
This workshop will be classroom style, with lectures and ipython notebook exercises on real problems. Probabilistic programing languages are high-level languages that make it easy for developers to define probability models and then “solve” these models automatically.
- early bird $350 (ends May 30)
- late bird $500
- student ticket $250
** All proceedings from the event will go to AUAI, the non-profit organization that organizes the annual Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI) and, more generally, promotes research in pursuit of advances in knowledge representation, learning and reasoning under uncertainty.